Friday, February 24, 2012

And then it was winter

While I am writing this post I am also watching the latest version of Alice in Wonderland. Yes, the one with Johnny Depp as the mad hatter. It wasn't an easy choice you know, Alice had to fight up against Amelie. Better luck next time Miss Poulain :)

A few weeks ago it started freezing, first only at night but later also by day. I loved it! And luckely for me it finally began to snow as well *dance*
Boyfriend S. and I took a lovely walk in the freezing cold. We went to Castle Rosendael, which was mentioned for the first time in 1314! The pond by the castle was frozen and people of all ages were iceskating and sleigh riding. It made me think of this painting by Hendrick Avercamp.

^ The painting

^ My version

^ The castle

^ Surrounding trees

And when we came home our lovely little cat Saartje sat on the couch, waiting for us.

^ Miauw







No comments:

Post a Comment