Monday, September 27, 2010

Let the autumn breeze in

I know, I know..It has been a while..again..
But the good news is..here is another post :)

In here autumn is making it's 2010 appearence. I always love the colourful trees, the fog that floats on the meadows in the morning and this year the season matches my mood pretty good...
The past few weeks weren't really *wow*.
Unfortunately I can't say so much about it now, but I hope I will be able to soon.
But luckely there were some highlights :)

* My dad celebrated his birthday at my place and I cooked dinner. The main was a Russian stew / soup, called borscht. (my dad has this thing for everything Russian) So the dessert also had Russian roots: blini smetana (pancakes with delicious cream). Very cosy evening.

* Had another dinner party with my cooking friends. The theme was 'Halloween', which might seem a bit early, but the pumpkin soup and mushroom sauce were great!

* While looking for Monopoly at my parents' house, I ran into my old stamp set *happy*

* The other day I had half a day off, so I went to the Hortus Botanicus in Amsterdam. I hadn't been there before, but it was so pretty and relaxing. Walking around in the sun, watching all those special and extraordinairy plants, cacti, herbs and flowers.




* A few weeks ago I wrote something about the orchid my grandma gave me. I went to the flowershop with the flowerpot and this is the result :) Very pleased with it. Feels like grannie is around again.
* My friend Sally wrote something about the book 'Good Mail Day'. I've found it online and it is really great! It inspired me a to carve my own stamp out of an eraser.



I've send a lot of cards lately, and I received some as well. But I forgot to make scans/pictures of them. This is what goes out tomorrow:
To my close Dutch friend Laura
To Emilie in Great Britain

And today I would like to finish with an image I found in the paper the other day:

Sleep well!










No comments:

Post a Comment